This time we are looking at the DELE exams - Diplomas of Spanish as a Foreign Language. The DELEs are divided into three levels, depending on the language level.
- Diploma de Español A1: This level proves that students are able to understand and use daily expressions; for example asking and giving personal information about yourself and daily life and interacting on a basic level.
- Diploma de Español A2: The student is capable of using and understanding daily phrases and expressions related to experience relevant to them (family, daily life, shopping, occupations, places of interest etc).
- Diploma de Español (nivel inicial - B1): Mid-intermediate level. This accredits sufficient knowledge of the language to allow control in situations which require an elementary use of the language.
- Diploma de Español (nivel intermedio - B2): High-intermediate level. This accredits the necessary knowledge of the language to allow communication in everyday situations which do not require specialised terms.
- Diploma de Español C1: This proves sufficient linguistic ability to cope in common situations of daily life which require a specialised use of the language.
- Diploma de Español C2: Superior level. This accredits an advanced knowledge of the language, allowing communication in all situations requiring advanced knowledge of the language and a knowledge of cultural background.
We offer specific courses to prepare you for the DELE exams, with a chance to sit the exam at the end of the course.
To name just a few of these programmes...
- Spanish in Madrid: 16+, DELE preparation course: 20 lessons per week, enables students to sit the exam at any of the three levels. Available in: April, July & October.
- Spanish in Valencia: 17+, DELE preparation course: 2 or 4 weeks long, 20 lessons per week.
- Spanish in Salamanca: 16+, DELE preparation: 20 lessons per week, enables students to sit the exam at any of the three levels. Available in: April, July & October.