It is one thing to know a language but it is a whole other thing be able to speak one....the answer? Study abroad programmes. The problem is often that we study languages but when it comes to the moment of truth we struggle to speak them. We have this problem with French, we start studying it at school from a young age, but how many of you have finished your studies and speak with a native? You don't need to answer, I've been there...
Obviously teachers can be very good, have lots of experience and all of the necessary teaching qualifications, but let's be honest, learning French in England is not the same as learning French in France where everything (adverts, posters, television, radio etc) is all in French. Am I right?
It is true that it is not always easy to find the best time to do a language course abroad for the parents, students and their teachers. However, the idea of combining a language course with end of term travel does not seem so far fetched, does it?
Here's what we have on offer so you can decide.
School group programmes
If you are a language teacher, in any type of institution, and are looking for a new way to motivate your students which combines staying abroad, tuition, accommodation and activities, then look no further - we have what you are looking for!
- Group courses for students aged 12 - 18
- From 12 - 45 students per group
- In Spain or France
- Accommodation in a residence or with a host family
- Low season: best prices guaranteed
In Spain, the options are varied. It is an easy and convenient way to take lessons in a different environment while combining them with leisure and cultural activities, allowing younger students to learn Spanish in a relaxed atmosphere. Accommodation is offered either in a residence or with a host family (depending on the destination).
- Salamanca, 14 -18 years old. From the 1st January - 30th May and from 1st September - 15th December. Accommodation is available in either a residence or with a host family.
- Alicante, 14 - 18 years old. From the 1st January - 30th May and from 1st September - 15th December. Accommodation with host families.
- Barcelona, 14 - 18 years old. From the 1st January - 30th May and from 1st September - 15th December. Accommodation with host families or in a residence.
- Madrid, 14 - 18 years old. From the 1st January - 30th May and from 1st September - 15th December. Accommodation either in a residence or with a host family.
- Biarritz, 12 - 17 years old. From March - May and September - October. Accommodation with host families.
- Nice, 12 - 18 years old. Available year round. Accommodation with host families.
- Montpellier, 11 - 17 years old. From the 1st January - 15th June and from 30th September - 15th December. Accommodation with host families.
How does it work...
The basic concept is the same as we always use, the only thing that we do not include in the prices is the journey.
In each programme description you can see what is and what is not included, as well as the dates, characteristics, the number of lessons available, as well as details about the activities and accommodation.
Once you have decided on the language, destination and programme that you are interested in, all you need to do is click the green "CONTACT US" button at the top right of the page and leave your search criteria. Then the relevant person will contact you to discuss the rest of the details and they will start the process.
As always, we recommend that you do not make any travel arrangements until we get the final confirmation from the school.
In short it is a very quick and easy process. As easy as travelling abroad with your class and enjoying all we have to offer (and more!). If you would like more information about this do not hesitate to contact us, and remember:
"Travel is the only thing you buy
that makes you richer"
Original: Blanca Díaz Blanco